Thursday, July 7, 2011

Get to know your students....Sent by Julia

Please Help Me Get to Know Your Child…

As you child´s teacher, I’d like this school year to be the best your child has ever had. That’s why I’m asking for your help. I’ve found that the more I know about my students, the easier it is for me to help meet their needs. For that reason, I would appreciate it if you could take time to answer the questions below. Of course, this is completely voluntary. If you don’t feel comfortable answering a question, just skip it. Thank you so much for your time. Please return this form to me as soon as possible!!


Child’s Name:__________________ Nickname:_______________
  1. Please list all the adults living in your child’s household:
Name Relationship
_______________________ ______________________
_______________________ _______________________
_______________________ _______________________
_______________________ _______________________
  1. Please list all the children in the family, along with their ages, grades, teachers, and genders.
Name Age Grade Teacher Gender
_________________ ______ _______ ________ ________
_________________ ______ _______ ________ ________
_________________ ______ _______ ________ ________
_________________ ______ _______ ________ ________
  1. Does your child speak or understand a language other than English and Spanish? _________
If so, what language and where is it primarily spoken? _______________________________________________________
  1. What are your child’s major strengths?



  1. What is your child’s favorite subject in school?



  1. Tell me about your child’s interests and after-school activities. Also include nights that might be busy for your family.



  1. Describe you child’s feelings/attitude toward school.



  1. How does your child get along with other children?



  1. Please tell me about your child’s friends (who are they and what grade/teacher do they have).



  1. Does your child have any problems with learning?



  1. Please describe any recent family events or changes (death, divorce, marriage, new sibling, moving).



  1. How do you feel I, as your child’s teacher, can best help your child this year?



  1. Is there anything else that you think your child would like me to know about him/her?



  1. Do you have an e-mail address where I can contact you?


  1. Does your child have any allergies? Please include food allergies as well!



  1. Please list any holidays that your child may not participate in.


These questions were answered by ________________ Date____________

Thanks for your help!!

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo going to use this! Thanks, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia, I had thought of sending a letter home to introduce myself and talk about my plans, but it's so much better to ask parents to contribute! I will do this for sure!

    ReplyDelete